Online Photo Sharing

I have just finished week 2 of the Licence 2 Test Drive program. I am already familiar with Flickr and have had a pro account for almost a year now. I started using Flickr about the New Librarians Sysmposium 3 in Sydney in 2006 to share my photos with the other participants. A friend of mine in Sydney introduced me to Flickr after she had a baby a couple of years ago. It has been a great way to see the way her son has grown up as we don't get to catch up in person that often. I am also in the process of adding photos from the overseas trip Aaron & I took in 2007. We took over 10,500 photos which I have culled down to about 630 which I am putting on Flickr. I am about 1/3 of the way there. I will finish it one day.

I love photos and photography so it was great to check out some of the other sites mentioned, Photobucket, Smugmug and Snapfish. I had been to Snapfish before when I was planning to create a calendar for someone as a christmas present. However time ran out and I never did create it. I will go back and do it sometime.

One of the things I love about photos online nowadays is all of the things you can do with them. I love Big Huge Labs and the fact that it is linked to Flickr is great. I created the following 2 images from their in a matter of minutes. I could spend some much time at that site if I had the time and creativeness to do so.

No response to “Online Photo Sharing”