THE 99 THINGS MEME

Thanks Ruminations for this meme it has given me the reason to update my blog.

I love lists of any kind, and I also like memes so this is a good combo for me.

Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog.

2. Slept under the stars.

3. Played in a band.

4. Visited Hawaii.

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.

8. Climbed a mountain.

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo.

11. Bungee jumped.
No way.

12. Visited Paris.
3 times

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
If you include cardmaking as art.

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables.
Only cherry tomatoes, of and carrots at school.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
Aaron would not let me look at anything properly at The Louvre until we had seen it first.

20. Slept on an overnight train.

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked.
I value my personal safety.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.

24. Built a snow fort.

25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a marathon.

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
Twice

29. Seen a total eclipse.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run.
I played T-ball and softball as a kid but I don't think I ever hit a home run.

32. Been on a cruise.
Cruises don't do it for me.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
Some of the countries yes, but not exact places.

35. Seen an Amish community.

36. Taught yourself a new language.
I'd like to teach myself Italian one day.

37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
A bit overated.

39. Gone rock climbing.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
Very impressive

41. Sung Karaoke.
Only with a group.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance.
Never even been close to one.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistene chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Twice

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.
As a kid I am sure I did.

54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
I saw Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey at teh Kingaroy Drive-in.

55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business.

58. Taken a martial arts class.

59. Visited Russia.
I have always wanted to go to Russia since being fascinated by the Romanov family as a teenager.

60. Served at a soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Aaron is a sweetie.

64. Donated blood.
I have to have regular blood tests, that is enough needles for me.

65. Gone sky diving.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
I went to Matthausen in Austria, it was a very sobering experience especially walking into the gas chambers.

67. Bounced a cheque.
I have never owned a cheque book.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
Quite a few (I'm a horder) including a white toy dog who also happened to look like a rabbit so his name was either Deefer (D for dog) or Beefer (B for bunny) depending on my mood.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar.
Biting it is a strange sensation in your mouth.

72. Pieced a quilt.

73. Stood in Times Square.

74. Toured the Everglades.

75. Been fired from a job.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone.
Only a small sesamoid bone in my right foot.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book.

81. Visited the Vatican.
Didn't see the pope though.

82. Bought a brand new car.
Don't drive

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
I think so. certainly in the QH statewide newsletter.

85. Read the entire Bible.

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

88. Had chickenpox.
Never had any of the spotty diseases as I call them.

89. Saved someone’s life.
I hope I never have to.

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club.

93. Lost a loved one.
Only grandparents.

94. Had a baby.
Possibly one day.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit.

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee.

No response to “THE 99 THINGS MEME”